For more than 125 years NEEMANN has been formed by several generations of owners, employees and partners.
Despite the different circumstances one goal is outstanding and timeless: To secure the stability and further development of the company – on the one hand as a source of income for shareholders and employees, on the other hand as an important object of its own, generating meaning and identity.
A reasonable profit is an essential prerequisite. The current, yet traditional personal union of shareholders and management team leads to a long term perspective, to a sustainable business approach.
We are part of a network
NEEMANN is part of a stakeholders’ network, which we optimize systematically by taking the whole chains into consideration.
How we work with our customers
For our current and future customers we want to be a capable, reliable and fair partner.
Our products and services offer clear benefits: Primary packaging for consumer goods play a substantial part both in terms of functionality as well as in communication.
As they are mainly used within automated productions processes also products’ safety and customers’ profitability are significantly influenced by them.
Through our Quality- and Hygienic-Policies we therefore ensure that our products meet the mutual defined specifications as well as the relevant legal and business standards.
Aspects of environmental protection as well as labor safety and ethics are also taken into account, laid down in our Environmental, Energy and Eocial policies.
Our capability and reliability are fundamentally based on infrastructure and capacity – therefore we count on long-term relationships with an open exchange of necessities and solutions.
Of course we follow mutually agreed, legal or other codes of conducts.
Our principles for internal collaboration
We pursue the same claim of a fair partnership when working together within the company. Our performance is influenced to a very large extent by the competence of our employees, by their ability and willingness to use them in the spirit of the company’s goals. We promote this through targeted training and further education as well as an organization and information policy that enables employees to use their potential for the benefit of all. In doing so, we systematically take into account in particular the diverse topics that are important in our management systems: quality, hygiene, energy efficiency and environmental protection. In addition, we also understand NEEMANN as a social system which, in addition to securing its material standard of living, can also enable social contacts, personal development and orientation. Dealing with each other is characterized by mutual appreciation, consideration and respect. Physical and mental health are important assets that we maintain and promote.
Our social policy regulates details.
How do we work with suppliers and service providers?
We conceptually and actively integrate our external suppliers and service providers into our network. This means transferring all requirements from agreements, standards and norms across to the entire value chain. Futhermore we live the same standards for a fair partnership that we also apply to our customers and employees. We are guided by the conviction that effective and trustful cooperation in value chains, especially for small and medium-sized companies (such as NEEMANN), is a great opportunity, if not a prerequisite, to remain effective in the long term.
We are not alone!
- With all our activities we are involved in a political, social and ecological environment. Deficits in each of these areas impair or prevent the achievement of our corporate goals, the observance of our corporate principles. As far as we can, we are actively or exemplary committed to
- promoting cooperation between different countries and regions,
- the democratic separation of powers as the basis for self-determination, equality and arbitrary freedom,
- the promotion of education and training as a prerequisite for participation in economic prosperity and responsible political decision-making, o compliance with and promotion of ethical behavior in value chains,
- the preservation and promotion of our cultural heritage as well
- the conservation or sustainable responsible development of our ecological living space. Here, packaging can play an important role if it contributes to the fact that fewer consumer goods spoil with a relatively high ecological footprint, in particular food. On the other hand, we have to make sure that the packaging itself does not pollute the environment or only to a minimum. To do this, it is necessary to design the packaging in a way that conserves resources, that is with as little use of materials and as little CO2 footprint as possible. They must be recyclable and contain meaningful proportions of recycled, renewable or compostable raw materials. With this optimization, the focus must not only be on the product itself: measures of energy and environmental management also include internal and external processes.
Our company policies...what’s all about
We substantiate our corporate principles in important aspects by formulating various policies. We ensure that they are implemented using a comprehensive management system.
We integrate the requirements of those standards and norms that we audit and which we have partially certified (including ISO 9001, BRC-IOP, IFS pacsecure, customer standards, ISO 50001, Bonsucro, FSC).
In each policy area, we set annual targets, the achievement of which we regularly review and develop through appropriate measures.
We strive for continuous improvement. This requires a systematic approach. For this we provide the necessary resources for the development and validation of the methods and the verification of the targets.
We view our policies as “living drafts” of internal standards, which we further develop and substantiate in a structured manner in close consultation with our partners.
Accordingly, there are various measures for the following policy aspects in different levels of detail: From implicit knowledge and organizational consensus on the one hand to procedural and work instructions as well as statistically processed information based on empirical data on the other.
We install a documentation and reporting system for all policies: Since we work in complex processes, the ability to document and communicate performance and quality levels at the various levels of the organization involved is a prerequisite for the systematic control of product and process risks.